The BECF have produced a number of very helpful 'Hobby Guidesheets' that can help you either get started or to help find out further information about the Model Horse Hobby.
These 'Hobby Guidesheets' will help answer some of the questions you may have about the many aspects of the hobby. These have been written just for the BECF by some of the best and most knowledgeable hobby members.
If you have any further questions or queries about the BECF or the model horse hobby please do not hesitate to contact us we are only too happy to help.
For some unknown reason (we have tried to fix it) some of the links here will only work if you open them in a 'New Tab' rather than just clicking on them. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Common Abbreviations
- Details for your Model
- Photographing Models
- Making Backgrounds
- Making Jumps & Other Accessories
- Entering a Photo Show
- Holding a Photo Show
- Postal Showing
- Going to a Live Show
- Hobby Etiquette - Live Shows
- Judging at a Live Show
- Holding a Live Show
- Mini Models
- Hobby Etiquette - Buying and Selling Online
- Buying Models from Abroad
- In-Hand & Ridden Turnouts for the Showring
- Western Ridden and Performance Events
- Western Pleasure - A Basic Guide
- Model Horse Gaits - Cantering Leads
- Class List Guidelines
- Customising Model Horses
- Fixing a Broken Leg